Seasoned juicy corn kernels bursting in your mouth with every bite in a way you’ll never get with eating corn on a cob. It’s a great way to eat corn that everyone will love!
We asked foodie Therese Lum to share with us her go-to recipe for easy entertaining. Affordable and easy to whip up for a large group. Perfect for a snack on their own or a side for any meal!
8 corn cobs
100ml olive oil
1 tbsp coriander or parsley leaves, chopped
1 lime cut into wedges
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
- To prepare the corn, remove corn husks and cut off the top and base of each corn to make the surface flat.
- On a non-slip chopping board, stand one corn cob upright and carefully cut through the middle of the corn using a steady and study motion. Cut length-ways, then in halves again using the same motion. (Tip: you can cut the corn cobs in half to make them shorter – to help make cutting the corn through the middle easier)
- Place corn ribs in a large bowl, and drizzle olive oil all over.
- Mix spice rub ingredients in another bowl and sprinkle all over the corn ribs. Toss together to evenly coat.
- Preheat BBQ grill on high and place corn ribs, kernels side down on the plate. Grill for 8-10 minutes until you can see some nice charring. The ribs will curl up once cooked. (You can also do this in an oven on the grill setting set on high. Place ribs kernel side up on a lined tray.)
- Transfer corn ribs onto a serving platter. Drizzle sriracha mayonnaise and garnish with chopped coriander/parsley, and a grating of parmesan cheese. Serve with lime wedges.
Whether these are a tasty snack on their own or a side dish with any main they’ll be absolutely loved by everyone! The best way to enjoy corn.
The perfect recipe to celebrate the sporting season this spring. To purchase these ingredients and more, Head to Woolworths, Coles or Aldi at Warriewood Square.