Fitzgerald's Fine Meats Lamb Koftas
Kieren and Judy do all the work for you. Their lamb koftas are packed with flavourso all you have to do is cook and enjoy. Or add a few extra ingredients to make a fabulous mid-week meal.
Great for BBQs too!
Serves 4 as a main meal.
- 4 lamb koftas
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch coriander
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 4 tortillas, mountain bread or pita bread
- Sprinkle of paprika or sumac as garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Making sure the garlic is very crushed, mix with the yoghurt and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown the koftas in oil and (optional) flambee with ouzo if using or another spirit.
- Add capsicum and cook with koftas until all cooked.
- In the meantime prepare and mix the red onion, tomato and coriander.
- If using tortilla, dry fry one at a time for 10-15 second until warm and pliable.
- Top the tortilla, mountain bread or pita, with the lamb and capsicum, yoghurt and tomato mix.
- Sprinkle with some sumac or paprika.
- Wrap and enjoy!