Fitzgerald's Fine Meats Moroccan Meatballs
Kieran and Judy really enjoy marinating their meats.
They make juicy beef meatballs in a rich tomato sauce, that you simply bake in the oven and enjoy with mash, rice or vegetables. Delish! Or add more tomato sugo and enjoy with pasta.
As fabulous as they are, it was also fun to play with them and add a Moroccan twist.
Serves 4 as a main meal.
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 4 cups of water
- 600-800gm Fitzgeralds meatballs in tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 handful chopped parsley or mint, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped flaked almonds or macadamias
- Dry fry quinoa for 2-3 minutes until toasty. Add water, 1 tsp salt and simmer till water is absorbed (10-15 min). Or prepare couscous according to packet directions.
- Cook meatballs in a pan in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 20-30 min till nearly cooked.
- In the meantime cook onion in hot oil then when nearly translucent, add garlic and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Stir in spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and the meatballs.
- Cook for 5 min on a gentle heat.
- Serve the meatballs on the quinoa or couscous and sprinkle with parsley or mint, and nuts of choice.
- Eat & enjoy!