Woolworths Flambe Salmon with Crunchy Kale Coleslaw
The idea is to use a fabulous fresh product – Woolworths Kale Slaw – as the basis for the meal (and to save time!), then use other ingredients to make a feast. Go as glam or as simple as you like. And try with prawns or chicken strips. Enjoy!
Serves 3-4 as a main meal.
1 bag Woolworths Kale Slaw
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill, mint or coriander.
- 2 tablespoons of Lucky Nuts Almond slices.
- 2 tablespoons of Shaved Coconut
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- 2cm cube fresh ginger, peeled and grated (to taste)
- 1 lime, zest grated, then juiced.
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes, chilli oil or chopped fresh chilli…not too much! J
- 600-800gm Woolworths Salmon fillets, boned and skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced.
- Optional: Flambee with Hawaiian Rum!
- Dressing: Mix all the ingredients together and season with salt & pepper. Tate and adjust.
- Mix 2/3 of the dressing with the Woolworths Kale Slaw.
- Cook salmon on both sides for 1-2 minutes, add the garlic and green onions and sizzle till cooked to your liking.
- OR OPTIONAL: After adding garlic and onion, flambee the salmon with the rum, and sizzle for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Taste the slaw again and adjust flavours, then pile onto the plates.
- Place salmon on top, drizzle with remaining dressing, then decorate with optional herbs, nuts etc.
- Eat & enjoy!
OR heat some tortillas, top with the slaw and salmon, fold and go Mexicana!