Your Safety Is Our Priority04 May 2020
Reopening restaurants and cafes
As at Wednesday 1 July - In line with advice from the NSW Government, we’re excited to increase our seating options to the 4sqm rule - our food court can now seat up to 119 customers at any one time. Stores will display the maximum number of customers who can be inside at any one time and will adhere to the strict distancing measures.
Reopening beauty and personal care facilities
In line with advice from the NSW Government, beauty services will also start to reopen from Monday 1 June. Again, please remember the maximum number of customers varies per retailer and all physical distancing requirements must be maintained. Stores will display the maximum number of patrons at their entry or shop window for your convenience.
Health and Safety
Just a reminder, the safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, team and community continues to be our top priority. While we continue to serve you, we’re taking extra precautions to ensure our centre is clean and hygienic, including more frequent cleaning, and encouraging healthy physical distancing and good hygiene.
We are committed to the safety of our community and will not tolerate unsafe behaviour.
Social distancing measures are in place across our centre to protect our community from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Practicing good hygiene and keeping a healthy physical distance between individuals is our most powerful weapon in fighting this virus, we ask that all visitors adhere to these measures.
We continue to take extra precautions within our centre to ensure it is a clean and safe place for you including:
- Physical and digital signage reminding customers to keep a safe distance apart
- Window signage and floor decals provided to retailers to assist with communicating physical distancing measures
- Floor decals and physical distancing reference points in key areas
- Increased sanitisation and cleaning of all customer touch points and high traffic areas
- Hand sanitiser at all entrances
- Where available, use our traffic counters and/or digital heat mapping to identify busy zones to help us to actively manage these areas before reaching customer density thresholds
- Automated alerts on occupancy allowing our team to actively monitor how many customers are in the centre at any time
- Additional team members in-centre during peak periods, offering hand sanitiser and reminding customers of distancing guidelines
- Automated, regular public announcements centre-wide, communicating distancing expectations
- Security officers, in high visibility vests, are monitoring our centres, together with supporting local police enforcing social distancing requirements as appropriate
- Precautionary closures of playground and kids rides and the closure of massage chairs, until further notice
Good hygiene practices
While visiting the centre, please help us keep our community safe by following the below good hygiene practices:
- Wash hands regularly, including after touching common surfaces and after coughing or sneezing.
- If you happen to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, then dispose of it, or if you do not have a tissue, cover your mouth and nose with your upper sleeve.
We want to assure our customers and communities we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.
For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
We will continue to keep you updated on a regular basis about how we are responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19) through our social channels, email and website.
We would like to thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation and look forward to seeing you soon.